Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Let's Read About Me - Make Your Child A Star Of His Own Book

As you know, Lil Man and I love to read. We usually read at least 3 books at naptime, and then 3 books at bedtime. He has his favorites, and he also enjoys getting new books. (And we are constantly adding new books to our collection).  But just this week, I couldn't help but burst with pride when he could read the entire Colors, Weather and Opposites books that we have. It just helps re-enforce to me the he is absorbing everything around him. And reading is a great way for kids to learn. 

Have you heard of  Let's Read About Me? The concept is simple. You create a customized book using your own photos. But instead of it just being a 'photo' book, these books are action books. You fill in the blanks and the pictures to create a customized book of your child in 'action'. 

I created one for Lil Man in the "Memory" and "Just My Size" styles. We chose the " ____ is Busy" for our book to create.  Here are just a few sample pages. 





I wish I had a picture of his face when he saw the book for the first time with photos of him as the subject. He totally loved it. We finished reading and he said 'again'. It was definitely a hit. 

The Let's Read About Me site is fairly easy to navigate. The challenging part for me was going through my photos and choosing the photos and captions. But after receiving the book, I'm glad that I took the time to make it. 

I did have a little technical difficulty with my photos being rotated the wrong direction. For some reason, even when I rotated them, they were still sideways. But, I saved my book, emailed someone at the company, and they went in and corrected the problem for me. So all is well. 

But we love this book, and the concept. I'm sure this will be one that we read over and over. 

Read to your kids. It's so so so very important. 

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Full Disclosure: Let's Read About Me provided me with a book in both sizes free of charge for the purpose of providing a review. My opinions are completely my own based on my experience.

3 comments:

  1. That seems to be a great book to customize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea.... I'm gonna make this book for my daughter....,

    ReplyDelete